At 10:22 AM 2/5/2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, Will.

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

But then if I play devil's advocate, someone could see the new directive and turn it on when it's not appropriate and cause Bad Things to happen. Mainly I'm looking for comments on whether this should be configurable or not.

Yes, I'm one who will agree with your devil's position :) I know the problem
you are trying to solve, and changing the behavior of <Directory > isn't quite the solution...

I'm only changing <Location > ... <Directory > is unaffected.

Well, that's not entirely true. The <Directory> is affected indirectly, because it no longer applies. The behavior currently is: it applies to everything it matches. This would change it to: it applies to everything it matches unless it also matches a <Location>, in which case it doesn't apply.