* "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You hit the nail on the head - Alias (and mod_rewrite) cause us the greatest
> grief in fixing this set of issues.  *IF* they all are parsed in the
> translate name phase we are fine, since map_to_storage is run after
> translate_name is done.
>
> If they are not handled up front we have problems (some translations can
> occur in the fixup phase, IIRC, which is wrong IMHO.)

No. Alias translations and RewriteRules in servercontext are handled in the
translate_name hook. Fixup rewrites (->internal redirects) or
mod_alias-redirects in directory context are only triggered by per-directory
configuration, which would be skipped in that case.

The only issue in mod_rewrite could be the Type/Handler forcing which occurs
also in fixup, where is the right place for such things (to force something).

nd