Brad Nicholes wrote:

Before using known values, it should
look for the port in the connection information (ie.
r->connection->local_addr->port).  The current result can produce
incorrect port information when a port value is not supplied as part of
the URL.  According to the documentation, if UseCanonicalName is OFF it
should construct the self-referential information from the client.  By
skipping the port information held in the connection record, it isn't
doing what it claims to be doing.

However, they are times when you want to say, "I don't care what port you connected to, or what port you have in the url, I am contructing all redirects (or whatever) based on the port of my choosing." Isn't this what "UseCanonicalName On" does with servername? No matter what host header you send, no matter how you got to this server, Apache will use ServverName. I just need to be able to have it not care about the ServerName, but use a selected port.

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer