On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 10:40:27PM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> > Whatever happens, the documentation should be clarified. But to my
> > mind there is no doubt that I would not expect a redirect (or Not
> > Modified for that matter) to be considered an error.
>
> The semantics of "Error" here are the same as in "ErrorDocument"
> (which is, after all, what you're invoking with ProxyErrorOverride).

Absolutely. Only if I RTFM:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#errordocument it says
"In the event of a problem or error". So what's wrong with what I've
said? I take "problem/error" to not include 3xx responses. If you
disagree then the documentation would appear to not be clear enough to
one or other of us.

Given it does not explicitly indicate behaviour in this particular
matter, we should look at what the code does; which _was_ not to treat
them as errors... until someone made a change at which point it broke
peoples' assumptions/environments and caused them to file bugs.

--
Stuart