On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 03:36:59PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> The crux of the problem is that we create processes without a full host
> of three fd's.  Then we inflict them against sh.  Linux/bash doesn't seem
> to mind, but solaris sh, and I'm guessing aix and hpux stock /bin/sh are
> not going to like this situation either.

Why not?  This is not unusual behaviour for Unix.

> Obviously win32 minded, but this is an artifact of how we assembled
> things.

As I mentioned before, why not just fix the apr_proc* implementation on
Win32?

The fact that the apr_proc* API is so horribly convoluted yet still
broken on Win32 is kind of ironic.  If it's not fixable can we just
abandon it?  The code to implement piped loggers can be much simpler and
more efficient on Unix if implemented natively.

joe