On Apr 13, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
Just out of curiosity... will 3.0 still be a fresh start or will the
core of 2.3 be used?

My slides are intended to be motivational, not definitional.

The only thing known about 3.0 is that it won't be compatible with 2.x.
Other than that (the meaning of the major version number), it all depends on what we end up with. The "d" framework in amsterdam seems to be based
on 2.3.  wakad will be a fresh start.  If anyone wants to try their own
variation in another sandbox, let us know.  It won't be called 3.0 for
real until the PMC decides to make it so by majority vote, and there's
no point in doing that until we can test a working version(s) and show
that it is soooo much better than 2.x.

....Roy