William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Eric Covener wrote:

One case to keep on the radar:  There can be configuration mechanisms
for the loader outside of the SHLIB_PATH envvar.   If this is apr-util
in /usr/lib, so no shlib-path-var is in use, would we be able to find
/usr/lib/apr-util-1/apr_foo-1.so?

Do the various loaders permit an argument resembling
"apr-util-1/bar.so" to consult the non-envvar loader configuration?

The apr-util's apu-prefix=/foo becomes /foo/lib/apr-util-1/ so this is and isn't addressed, and really can't be. Unless dlopen supports finding these
'default' platform directories, we are at a loss.

In a non relocated installation, this really isn't a problem though right? As long as the library remains in the path that the linker initially was told it'd be at, this is a non issue, and one would expect in a non SHLIB_PATH situation, that would be the case,

In a case where it is relocated, envvar just needs to be updated right?

Thanks,
Andy