On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:09:23AM +0300, Jari Urpalainen wrote:
> I'll assume that you don't need here the content which is included
> within mod_dav_acl package at sf.net ? Otherwise you are certainly free
> to use it anyways you like. Patch contains mostly some "hooks" to
> mod_dav, but since i'm not that familiar with apr & apache code, you can
> certainly improve things. For dav_acl, caldav and carddav modules (the
> latter of which i just recently submitted), only similar kind of things
> are needed, so you can change the api freely as long as the
> functionality remains. I do have some cycles to update my modules
> accordingly. What comes to having included these with httpd, I'm in the
> process of asking permission from my company the change the license to
> APL

If you can submit the patches to the ASF under the Apache Software
License, it is sufficient for you to send them to this mailing list -
that counts as a "contribution to the ASF".

If you can do that, we can then include the patches in the tree, but if
your employer owns the copyright to the patches, then be sure you are
authorized to submit the code under that license first.

Regards, Joe