On Oct 4, 2009, at 2:38 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

On Sunday 04 October 2009, Jim Jagielski wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see this as part of the actual
code core, where we have several Timeouts, eg:

       Timeout 30 5 10 2

which define timeout as now, timeout before 1st byte, timeout
between bytes timeout after etc...

We've always wanted better control over this ind timeouts and
putting it in a module seems not a good idea for 2.4/3.0
(but of course, OK for 2.2.x)

I think putting mod_reqtimeout into trunk until it is backported to
2.2 and then moving it into the core would make sense, wouldn't it?

+1

And I would prefer several config directives instead of having to
remember which value in Timeout means what.

Well, I'm not a big fan of directive creep, but I see your point
and agree with it in a general sense.

FWIW, IMO it should go in modules/filters not experimental.