Jim Jagielski wrote:

And I would prefer several config directives instead of having to
remember which value in Timeout means what.

Well, I'm not a big fan of directive creep, but I see your point
and agree with it in a general sense.

Timeout Thistimeout=10 Thattimeout=2 Othertimeout=300 ?

We have precedent for this kind of halfway house.

FWIW, IMO it should go in modules/filters not experimental.

+1.  /trunk/ is, by definition, experimental.  But when we
float off 2.3/4-branch, we should perhaps do some documentation
of stability levels of different features and modules for users.
I might open a wiki page to collect information on the subject.

--
Nick Kew