On Jan 6, 2010, at 06:22 , Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:

If one of the goals here is to reduce the support nuisance and help
folk out, should we also ask the Apache PR team for help? I'm sure
they'd be willing to help publicise the change "After 15 years of
community support ... mumble mumble ... marking version 1 of Apache as
end of life with final release ...mumble mumble ... 10 years of
successful Apache 2 ... mumble mumble .. please use 2.2.x " .

Yes please. At least give PRC a chance to say "yes, what you've written is just fine", on the off chance that they'll say it needs something else.

--
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com