On 1/3/2012 3:30 AM, Steffen wrote:

> Still, I want to ask to reconsider going back to the 2.2 behavior (for the
> time being).

Highly unlikely for the reasons I responded nearly a year or so back.
This bug is irritating, but it is exactly that, a bug.  Not 1000's of
lines of redundant code.

Spent last week investigating this and several other obstacles, but
I don't have an affirmative response yet.  Gregg's recent post will
likely help me a bunch.

Stefan, you could likely help on the logging puzzle.  If you look at
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#backtrace-win you have some
basic steps to trigger a core for a -running- httpd.exe.  If you could
do this once a collection of 'L' statuses have accumulated for the child
process, the backtraces of those threads would be very helpful.  I would
anticipate this bug is relatively new, in core, and not the win32 mpm,
but could be surprised.