On 02 Feb 2012, at 8:20 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> [ ] +1: Bundle apr/apu w/ Apache httpd 2.4.x
>>> [ ] +0: I don't care
>>> [X] -1: Do not bundle apr/apu with Apache httpd 2.4.x
>>
>> To be most specific, do what we're doing now. (ie separate -deps).
>>

> Doing what we're doing now would be:
>
>   [X] +1: Bundle apr/apu w/ Apache httpd 2.4.x
>
> Can you confirm that's how you'd vote?

Ah, I interpreted it is a return to including it in the tarball.

In that case, I move off the fence and still say "Do not bundle". Either way,
to build httpd you need APR to be present, which in turn means you need to
download it separately, and it's far safer to download it from apr.apache.org
than a copy from httpd.apache.org.

Regards,
Graham