On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Thomas Eckert
<thomas.r.w.eck...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yann, although I do expect it to solve the issue discussed here, I  don't
> think simply flushing everything instantly is the right way to go. For
> example, how do the proposed changes work with modules which scan the
> request body like mod_security ? A lot of scanning/parsing can only be done
> in a senseful way if the entity to be scanned/parsed is available in full.

Indeed, this patch won't help if an input filter in the chain does spool
the body.

Maybe mod_proxy_http can partially prefetch the request body before the
"acquire/determine/connect backend" logic so that the is_socket_connected()
runs just before the first byte is sent (regardless of the time taken by
the first input filters call) ?

The flushall flag would still (optionally) be welcome :p

> Passing through everything immediately will probably cause the SlowHTTP to
> bybass the reverse proxy and harm the web server direclty. (I haven't had
> time to appl the changes to a test environment)

SlowHTTP does currently eat Apache resources (the thread won't do anything
else until all is forwarded to the backend, or even back to the client),
though I don't know much about mpm_event still...

IMHO that cannot be avoided without mod_reqtimeout (mod_security?).

Regards,
Yann.