On Aug 29, 2015 1:49 PM, "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/28/2015 04:17 PM, Tim Bannister wrote:
>>
>> Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> As of now there's still a veto on my suggestion of enabling stapling by
>>> default in the httpd trunk config.
>>
>> Would that default need to be backported to 2.4.x?
>

> "need"?  No; 2.4.x is a separate consideration.
>

>> If it can be on by default for trunk/2.5.x, and off by default in
earlier releases, this should surprise very few users.

>> People upgrading from an older release could get a mild surprise, but at
the same time if you upgrade from 2.4.x to 2.5.x then surprises aren't all
that surprising.

>> Overall I think the big question mark is around backport to 2.4.x rather
than the change to httpd trunk.

I thought this question was largely resolved, that we wouldn't want
subversion updates to break a users config unexpectedly.  POLS.