I can't live without that request body. That would just add another request
to my handshake... the thing I'm trying to avoid.

I'm guessing the body of that initial body is something like
[[
<D:options xmlns:D="DAV:">
   <D:activity-collection-set />
</D:options>
]]
(content-type text/xml of course)

And this request is mostly handled by mod_dav, and further annotated with
additional headers by mod_dav_svn.

I can't just redesign DAV to optimize for http/2. If we had a timemachine,
we would have made other decisions.

Would have been nice if we knew DELTA/V was never really implemented outside
Subversion. But now we have compatibility guarantees with older Subversion
clients/servers and other implementations that may use some of the features.

        Bert