I think this is great, in concept.

My experience with letsencrypt (which was quite good, FWIW) is that
the project delivered a contained and trusted environment to sync and
deliver new keys and retrieve signed certificates. I'll be interested to see
what simplification is presented, I don't think we want to get into the
business of delivering container-style distributions of httpd.