> On Jan 26, 2017, at 1:38 PM, Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/26/2017 09:49 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
>> Do you have a scenario that sends a bad var in 2.4 that is corrected
>> by the recent trunk changes?
>
> I just need to start adding test cases to the suite, I think. That way we're
> all on the same page as to the things that need to be fixed.

We can easily handle generic FCGI expectations via the script that
Eric referred to... what's harder is that PHP does it's own
adjustments of what we send.

Ideally, I'd like for us to stop sending PHP-FPM that whole
proxy:fcgi: stuff (ie, remove that prefix) and focus on just
sending the "right" values for:

 SCRIPT_FILENAME
 SCRIPT_NAME
 PATH_INFO
 PATH_TRANSLATED
 QUERY_STRING

That is, we send a SCRIPT_FILENAME that PHP-FPM does NOT see
as the trigger that this-is-Apache and does its internal hacking.
If we do *that*, then we can use the perl script as our test center.
That, IMO, would be my pref.