On 01/27/2017 04:56 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
Let me relook over fpm-main... from what I saw, there are only 2
logic paths: one if Apache and the other for everybody-else...
and the Apache path only kicks in if it sees the proxy:balancer
or proxy:fcgi prefix.

Unfortunately there are at least three: non-Apache, "old" Apache, and "new" Apache (mod_proxy_fcgi). And the logic of those three paths overlaps -- they're not completely separate.

That's what makes this hard. If we remove the proxy: prefix now, PHP-FPM "old mode" fixups will kick in (in certain situations involving REDIRECT_URL etc.) even if there is nothing to fix up. That's what prompted this conversation.

--Jacob