> On Jan 26, 2017, at 6:13 PM, Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> +1 (just not for 2.4.26, per my OP in the thread -- there is no way I can
> find around the current PHP-FPM "fixups" without compatibility-breaking
> behavior).

Let me relook over fpm-main... from what I saw, there are only 2
logic paths: one if Apache and the other for everybody-else...
and the Apache path only kicks in if it sees the proxy:balancer
or proxy:fcgi prefix.

My thought was to have mod_proxy_fcgi now start sending "correct"
values for these envvars requiring NO fixups... ie, PHP-FPM
will handle those envvars as it does for everybody else.

Isn't that the better solution? Or is your concern about non PHP-FPM
fcgi backends and *that* compatibility concern?