On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Sander Hoentjen <san...@hoentjen.eu> wrote:

> mod_remote ip has:
>     /* mod_proxy creates outgoing connections - we don't want those */
>     if (!remoteip_is_server_port(c->local_addr->port)) {
>         return DECLINED;
>     }
> I am guessing something similar is needed for h2 connections?

I suspect that the mod_remoteip logic is wrong, that it should be guarding
against any subordinate connections and examining only explicitly configured
ports / origin IPs. the PROXY protocol is not part of the HTTP protocol and
incompatible with it, so the trust list logic isn't directly compatible (this is
clearly explained in the PROXY pseudo-RFC.)