Agreed - as many times as I read the spec, I have no idea how I did not
see that security advisory.  It's flat-out damning to the idea of an
"optional" mode. I'll go ahead and rip out the optional processing and
will add your suggested idea of a list of subnets to disable parsing. I
hope to have a patch later this morning to share. As awful as the name
is, I'm thinking RemoteIPProxyProtocolDisableNetworks ARG1 ARG2 ARG3.

--
Daniel Ruggeri