Am 06.07.2017 um 19:02 schrieb William A Rowe Jr:
+1 to removing support of mom prefork. I'd prefer it still start and if configured, with an [error] level alert in the logs and simply be disabled. Server must start when module is loaded but not configured, e.g. in test framework, IMO

with removing mpm_prefork support for H2 you kill HTTP2 support for a lot of production setups which may consider switch to H2 in the future and for sure not rework there whole configuration but put a proxy like Trafficserver in front and forget about httpd at this point at all

besides the technical consideration above - starting to ignore features for mod_prefork in the middle of a lifetime cycle leaves a bad taste in general

disclaimer: no i can't fix the issues - i have just my admin hat on