On 07/24/2017 12:39 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
Hmm, don't we close the backend connection (i.e. conn->close = 1) whenever an error occurs in the fgci loop? What do you mean by
"queue up for later", by whom? Where do that coonection go on the
httpd side?

I mean that the FCGI application (PHP-FPM) has a listen queue for
connections. I haven't looked into the source to see how this queue is
implemented.

FPM has a status page that can be set up to debug these sorts of things,
which I might try to enable later this week for more research. I think
the "correct" way to go is to query the app for the max connection
number, use that if the admin hasn't set up another max, and warn if the
admin has forced us to use a max that's more than what the app can
handle concurrently.

--Jacob