Am 10.08.2017 um 17:57 schrieb William A Rowe Jr:

    On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Reindl Harald
    <h.rei...@thelounge.net <mailto:h.rei...@thelounge.net>> wrote:

     > <VirtualHost *>
     >  ServerName corecms.example.com <http://corecms.example.com>
     >  DocumentRoot "/www/corecms.example.com <http://corecms.example.com>"
     >  <If "%{PORT} == '443'">

    This doesn't work, of course, owing to server_rec members such as scheme
    and port. If these moved to the addrs member, and we tracked the current
    vhost by server_rec and individual addrs array member in 2.next, then we
    may be able to resolve this (but that is not an insignificant patch.)

    Note your misuse of 443 as the sentinel, it prevents your
    certificate file
    and your stapling choice from affecting h2 requests on port 80.

Another reason this will not work... Server/VHost config is static. All such directives are evaluated at config/startup time, global config is merged to per-vhost config. And that is the state of the host for that generation of the workers process. <If > will never be supported for those directives, it can work only on per-dir config options.

Final reason this won't be adopted as suggested; VirtualHost [:80] is implicit. I cannot see us ever changing this, it would break most configs. Maybe a port * feature?

If you want to experiment...
<VirtualHost IP:80 IP:443>
is already recognized

but with "SSLEngine On" and "SSLCertificateFile" configured non-https no longer would work, since H2 no longer supports mod_prefork i don't care about that part

for high traffic sites apache trafficserver is in front which scales much better and enbales H2 automatically but i want every backend vhost keep working as now independent and only DNS decides if it goes to the proxy - proxy which makes no sense for very small pages with no traffic all the time and only introdcues latency and wastes memory caches