> To recap: I am looking for an easy way to instruct someone to enable https:
> for
>
> Listen 80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>    ServerName blabla.org
>    ...lots of stuff...
> </VirtualHost>
>
> and with the current trunk, she can change this to:
>
> Listen 80
> Listen 443
> SSLEngine *:443
>
> ManagedDomain blabla.org
> <VirtualHost *:443 *:80>
>    ServerName blabla.org
>    ...lots of stuff...
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Hey, it's not that I *want* to define this on my own. I am asking since March
> for feedback on these things here. I am not sure how to react to "Don't like
> this so much." now.

It's a bit hard for me to understand the contrast points in this
thread, even with the followups, especially as a non-mod_ssl user. So
take my earlier feedback from today with a grain of salt.    My
personal preference is to give someone directives with expressive
names if the objective is to make the basic configuration easier.