Thanks for the feedback and the crosspost. I think it would be great to offer
peeps
that already link serf into their server to avoid an additional dependency.

Regarding Apache infrastructure use:

Would you prefer that the server gracefully restarts itself (when needed, at a
time
interval configured?) or is this something where you prefer outside control
anyway and
maybe a callable script that notifies/mails an admin?

-Stefan