I'm reading the mod_md docs, and want some clarification on the following. In the docs for directive ManagedDomain, we have:

There are two special names that you may use in this directive: 'manual' and 'auto'. This determines if a Managed Domain shall have exactly the name list as is configured ('manual') or offer more convenience. With 'auto' all names of a virtual host are added to a MD.

This is followed by an example that uses neither 'manual' nor 'auto', and thus it's unclear what the above paragraph refers to.

I believe that it refers to the MDDriveMode directive, which does not appear in the example.

I propose to patch the above paragraph to clarify that that's what's being talked about.

Related: I also would like to question the wisdom of having a ManagedDomain directive and a <ManagedDomain> container. This will most assuredly lead to user confusion and lengthy IRC conversations. I would request that the naming of one of these directives be reconsidered. (No, I'm not suggesting anything. I suck at naming things.)