Thanks Yann,

Mod_ssl has specific needed changes for mod_md. Some changes are already
committed in 2.4.x.

Mod_md  in 2.4.x-mod_md branch does not build out of the box, because faulting
mod_ssl:

in ssl_engine_init.c I have to set #define MOD_MD_BACKPORTED   1

Regards,

Steffen

Ps.
Saw that icing already cleaned up a branche (moved to attic). More to follow ?