On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:44 PM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Am 02.02.2018 um 15:42 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:

>> I don't know what "easier ways" you are thinking about, the one
>> proposed here is not that complicated IMO.
>> In any case the method we are currently using in mod_proxy_lb *is*
>> changing accross restarts, mainly because of the line number.
>> What if you add/remove a line before the <VirtualHost>?
>> At least for graceful restarts, I think it shall not change, SHMs
>> should be reused.
>
> Is it a hash across the config record of a server what would give
> the desired behaviour?

Yes, a hash using the minimal (IP[:port])* + ServerName, which is what
matters to select a vhost in the first place (maybe it's missing
ServerAlias), and what's done in this patch.
Should two vhosts have the same hash, only the first one will ever
handle requests.