On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With my proposal, this is lost only if IP:port(s) or
>> ServerName/Alias(s) change, which is already a win and shouldn't
>> change the way each balancer is bound to its vhost (i.e. a request on
>> a vhost wouldn't be accounted/handled by a lb on another vhost).
>
> I am thinking no ServerAlias in the hash.

Looks reasonable because taking ServerAlias into account only serves
corner/weird cases (mis)configurations where two vhosts would have the
same everything else...
But if a request asks for the ServerAlias which is only in one of the
two, all bets would be off on the lb side (the SHMs would be reused
but not necessarily with the same size).
This is probably a case which we should error/warn about at
(re)startup anyway, or maybe include ServerAlias in lb only if it
happens?