Am 14.03.2018 um 16:10 schrieb Joe Orton:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 02:56:19PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
This looks like the failure I see when localhost resolves to both ::1
and 127.0.0.1, which happens with modern Fedora hosts:

$ grep localhost /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

The fixes are on trunk and I intend to propose for backport to 2.4 after

I should have been clear: these are purely ab bugs, fixes are:

https://svn.apache.org/r1626956 | jkaluza | 2014-09-23 08:12:54 +0100 (Tue, 23
Sep 2014) | 3 lines
https://svn.apache.org/r1628388 | jkaluza | 2014-09-30 11:39:41 +0100 (Tue, 30
Sep 2014) | 2 lines

Thanks for the links. I rebuild ab using these patches (the first one needed a small context adjustment to apply cleanly) and the failures in test 5 vanished plus all other failures for RHEL 7 and SLES 12.

On the older RHEL 6 and SLES11 I always got failures for test 1 and 3. Running it manually I saw the error text:

"open3: close(0) failed: Bad file descriptor"

So I checked the open3 perldoc page and some usage examples and adjusted it slightly in r1826763. At least for my platforms the test now succeeds. I hope I didn't break it for others.

Regards and thanks for the new tests,

Rainer