On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 02:10:27PM +0200, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> What we fixed here is a bug, plain and simple. And if installations rely
> on a bug, they might break on an update. Seems unavoidable.
>
> Nowhere is this "a certificate is visible in other vhosts if it is configured
> in the
> first vhost and the other have no own SSL configuration" documented or even
> specified.
> Quite the opposite, I think.

I certainly don't find it plain or simple and if that's true for me
I'd bet at least some mod_ssl users are even worse off!
(I had two bug reports from Fedora users already in the few days after
pushing the 2.4.33 update)

Given that:

a) the configs worked forever in 2.4, *and*
b) we had to extend the module struct (!!) and a core merging function (!!!) to
change the behaviour, *and*
c) there was never any warning for this config

...I think it quite uncharitable to our users to argue this is not a
regression because
users should have known the old behaviour is a "bug".