> Am 22.05.2018 um 10:16 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 10:06 AM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>
>> Could you, just as a rough description, list which
>> test cases would have prevented the bugs? Maybe someone
>> would feel like implementing them (or in case of a future
>> code change there, could at least manually find some
>> instructions on what to test in the mailing list archive).
>>
>> E.g.
>> - configure slotmem as 1) XYZ, 2) ABC with persistence, 3) DEF...
>> - start, request something, expect bla1
>> - stop+start request another thing, expect bla2
>> - graceful, request, expect bla3
>>
>> Just while it is fresh in your mind...
>
> Looks like we had the same kind of idea :) Just asked the OP (PR
> 62308) to provide his/her tests to see if we can integrate them in our
> test suite.
> I'm not sure it can be done easily though (how to add/del balancers
> and members between restarts in our perl framework?), so I agree that
> in the meantime a least a description is important, will try to cook
> something.

Yeah, not sure that the effort to put that into the perl magic
would be worth it.

In my mod_md pytest suite, I exchange a test.conf file that is
always included between restarts to simulate changes in MDomain
settings. Not hard to do it that way and with a small server config,
actually quite fast to run.

Cheers,

Stefan