Yeah,

Basically the site development paradigm (our favourite word) should be familiar to you.  We use plain old HTML/XHTML with StaticMesh for theming.  You can edit any of the pages which might be .html of .vm (velocity macro) files.  There's no magic to it.

Once you've edited it, use the build.bat (Ant script) to generate the site to the the /deploy directory.

But definitely read Jeff's docs.   They'll ensure you don't blow anything away. :-)

Clinton