LOL... sorry I thought that was funny.  :-)

But really, you're really polarizing this discussion with broad criticisms
of how our software is designed.  It's hard to comment on your needs or to
help you.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but you're digging pretty
deep into the guts of the system, parts that weren't really intended for
other people to extend or change (or at the very least at your own risk).

So it seems to me that if you have to dig that deep into the core of the
library, it's probably the wrong fit and you'll have an uphill battle and a
poor experience overall.

So rather than criticize our framework because it doesn't do what you need
it to, it might be best if you look for a better fit.  There are others.
Hibernate is one, and yes it's well designed.

As for a friendly community, I can assure you that if you broadly criticize
them because their square peg doesn't fit into the round hole, you'll
probably meet with a similar reaction.

Cheers,
Clinton