It looks like very useful and natural thing having the parameters change on
the fly.
Maybe we should design something like OLCC (on-line configuration change)
module, which will request different procedures for different bunch of
parameters.
All the parameters, this way, will be splitted into several groups.
For example in the worst case, when all the grid has to be synchronized for
particular parameter change, some preparation on the grid has to be
performed, than when all the nodes reports readiness, the parameter change
could be initiated.
On the opposite if it is parameter configured per node, OLCC state machine
will work simpler without inter-node communication.

--
Alexey Dmitriev, VP Engineering
*GridGain Systems*