I'll just repeat one thought with some changes.

There are at least two groups of people in this discussion. One group
sure that new API is complete and production ready while other group
disagree with it. Obviously we can't reach consensus about it right
now. But we can do it in the future.
At present we just can't deprecate existing API and mark new API as
experimental at the same time. So we must remove deprecation until the
consensus is reached.

Also there is the third group of people. This people aren't related
with the API, they may be don't need the API and they wait for bug
fixes and other features. It is very easy to satisfy third group: just
cut off what caused the release blocking. But it is much easier to
remove @deprecated annotations.