Hello Val,

Thank you for sharing the details. On the one hand, I agree with you
that there is no need to haste with this change and it must be
prepared carefully. On the other hand, I don't see any valuable reason
why the change can't be done and we should wait for the future that
never comes.

Please, consider the following my considerations:

- The release 2.13 is not started yet. It will take months to be
released (e.g. the end of March as a possible release date). The time
is more than enough;
- The 2.13 release has breaking changes, so it is a good opportunity
to fix some gaps;
- I don't see any reasons why we should keep something in the CORE
module that is being used at PLUGINS only. This is a lack of
architecture design that must be fixed for sure;
- The cache affects cluster stability and require additional human
resources for the code maintenance;
- As a straightforward solution plugins can create their own internal
caches and use them ever they like (or use the metastorage as I
mentioned earlier). Moving system cache to plugin doesn't look so
complicated and harmful;