Slava,

Thank you for the comments.

> Maxim, the community must provide a reasonable time interval in order to
> notify all contributors and wait for updating all 3-rd party plugins.

This is not actually true. We must notify about changes as earlier as
possible and not only users but all the developers also. However, I
don't think that we should wait for 3-rd party plugins to be updated
this is an awful practice when the open-source product releases depend
on some of the proprietary plugins. There is no dependency between
Apache Ignite releases and proprietary plugin releases. If someone
desires to upgrade to a new version of Apache Ignite it can update its
plugins any time he likes.

> We just need to provide a window that is enough to cover all related issues.

Can you share all the issues you know, please?

> distributed meta storage does not provide the ability to atomically change
> several properties at the same time (there are no transactions on this API).

Can you share an example of what kind of properties we intend to
change at the same? Will it be enough to change them through a single
thread (e.g. the discovery thread or the exchange thread)? I agree
here that distributed metastorage should provide such an ability,
however, I can't find any real examples for Apache Ignite internal
needs. Please, share the details and let's fix it.