Hi all,

First, thanks to all of you for the support.
This first RC is the result of a long process and I want to thank all who
participated in it.
Special thanks go to our Mentors Justin and Chris who did a lot of support to
make this RC hopefully a success.

Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.8.0 has been staged under [2] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release.  All Maven artifacts are available under [1].
If approved we will seek final release approval from the IPMC.
Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Release tag: release/0.8.0
Hash for the release tag: 040cbd175b92969cbabf5548fe3df1cac7c88011

Per [3] "Before voting +1 [P]PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items
in [4])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiotdb-1001
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/0.8.0/rc1