Greetings,

In the present version, it is a little trouble some to create a set timeseries
that has the same measurements. On the other hand, although we use the
conception "device" in the code, it is not properly abstracted.

Expected usage:

Using IoTDB in a more relational way:

CREATE DEVICE TEMPLATE vehicle (speed DOUBLE PLAIN, direction DOUBLE PLAIN,
temperature DOUBLE PLAIN, fuel DOUBLE PLAIN)

If all datatypes(or encodings) are the same, you can write the equal form:

CREATE DEVICE TEMPLATE vehicle MEASUREMENTS (speed, direction, temperature,
fuel) DATATYPE DOUBLE ENCODING PLAIN

Then you will be able to create time series in an easier way:

CREATE DEVICE (vehicle) root.sg1.vehicle1

Which equals:

CREATE TIMESERIES root.sg1.vehicle1.speed WITH DATATYPE=DOUBLE,ENCODING=PLAIN

CREATE TIMESERIES root.sg1.vehicle1.direction WITH
DATATYPE=DOUBLE,ENCODING=PLAIN

CREATE TIMESERIES root.sg1.vehicle1.fuel WITH DATATYPE=DOUBLE,ENCODING=PLAIN

CREATE TIMESERIES root.sg1.vehicle1.temperature WITH
DATATYPE=DOUBLE,ENCODING=PLAIN

I hope this will narrow the gap between using IoTDB and traditional relation
databases.
Jira link:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/IOTDB/issues/IOTDB-163?filter=allopenissues

Tian Jiang