Hi Julian,

Surely naming is important to users, but different users may have different
opinions upon naming. I think it is hard to get everyone satisfied, so maybe we
can hold a vote or something to discuss that later.

My starting point is to provide a way to create a bunch of time series with
fewer statements(as the title suggests) and this will not interfere with
existing functionality. It is light-weight, and I can add this feature within a
day or two.

Adding tags is cool, which can definitely enhance the expressive power of
IoTDB, But, the implementation may cause a lot of changes(and potential
troubles) in the whole system, which is beyond the discussion. Since you seem
interested, we may open another thread to discuss about the tags(or whatever
you want to call it) in detail.

Tian Jiang