Dear Apache Isis Developers,

My name is Paulo Sequeira and I am studying at a Master's in Cybersecurity
program at Universidad Cenfotec, Costa Rica.

I'm writing to let you know that a colleague and I have become interested
in the work you're doing with the Apache Isis framework and making it the
subject of some research we are carrying out at this time.

In this research we want to assess the impact and benefits that the
framework provides to the security of applications based on it; our
hypothesis is that, similarly to how the framework can enable greater
productivity by letting the developer focus more on the domain modeling and
the business logic, liberating him from having to deal with low-level,
complex and overwhelming details of properly implementing a working UI, the
framework can also improve the baseline security of the resulting
application because many common security vulnerabilities arise from those
aspects of the application implementation that it may already be taking
care of on behalf of the developer: validation checks to prevent injection,
session management, XSS protection, access controls, and others.

Our preliminary review of research literature suggests these are aspects of
the Naked Objects approach or Apache Isis that may not have specifically
been targeted in studies, so that's where we want to focus on.

An initial step in this research would be to run example Apache Isis
applications through a security verification procedure (we have chosen the
OWASP Application Security Verification Standard as a starting point) to
assess the security baseline of the applications the framework currently
generates. But as you could imagine, such assessments may require
assistance on the part of developers of the application and the framework
being assessed; additionally, we would like to make sure that any findings
are properly reported and discussed with you before any publication (we
hope :-) ) takes place.

That's why we want to make that you aware of our intentions and to ask if
this initiative may be of interest to you, if cooperation with it is
feasible, and how you'd think it can best be carried out.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Cordially,

Paulo C. Sequeira GutiƩrrez