regarding the jcr name constants in QName:

i would loved to move them out of the QName class to some interfaces:
- JSR170Names for names defined by jsr170
- (JSR283Names for names defined by jsr283)
- JRNames for names used internally by jackrabbit, like rep:system
- XPathNames for the names in the xpath query builder

we can still have QName implement some of the interfaces for backward
compatibility.

what do you think?
regards, toby

On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.xpath.XPathQueryBuilder has a
>> dependency on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager, for the sole
>> purpose of importing to constants for namespace URIs. Would it be
>> possible to get rid of that dependency?
>
> I don't see any reason not to, though it would be nice to avoid
> duplicating the constants. Putting the constants to QName sounds
> reasonable. Would you like to contribute a patch for that?

QName would be ok for me but may be non-optimal for other use cases. But
as long as nobody complains, QName is fine.

> PS. A related issue, we should perhaps update the XPath function
> namespace from the draft namespace
> http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions we currently use to the
> official XPath 2.0 function namespace
> http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions. I'm not sure if there will be
> backwards compatibility implications in doing this.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect JCR compliance (the string
doesn't appear in the spec). So that change would affect people who
overwrite the internal "fn" prefix mapping? That may be a problem; not
sure how big. Maybe just try it in the development branch first?

Best regards, Julian

--
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97