Jukka Zitting wrote:

Ok, I see. Shouldn't it be possible to check out the revision you used to create the 1.2.0-rcN release and release it again as 1.2.0? I'm not quite sure how the
release plugin handles this.

That would be optimal, i.e. vote on the last -rcN candidate and if the
vote passes, simply retag the release and remove the -rcN suffix to
create the official release packages. The show-stopper is that then
the released bits would not be exactly the same as the ones the PMC
voted on. :-(

Ok, if it is required that the release matches the rcN on byte level this solution doesn't work because maven doesn't guarantee tagged builds to be equal on byte level on successive builds. Was worth a try ;)

BR,
Christoph