Hi,

Late night ramblings...

There's recently been a lot of talk about managing the database
connections (and transactions) of the Jackrabbit persistence managers.
It was even suggested that Jackrabbit be refactored so that each
session would map to a separate database connection.

Improvements in the way an underlying database is used are of course
welcome, but in the big picture I don't like having the database being
a driving factor in Jackrabbit design. The way I see it we should be
moving further away from relational databases, towards a native
hierarchical storage model.

I don't want Jackrabbit using a database, I want Jackrabbit *being*
the database!

BR,

Jukka Zitting