On 2016-09-21 14:00, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
Hi,

On 21/09/16 13:28, Julian Reschke wrote:
Proposal:

- change the pom.xml to required JDK 6 (and turn on JDK sniffing)

Given there is just a minor change required, I would not lift
the minimal JDK version.

-> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4026>

[X]  continue to maintain Jackrabbit 2.4

Jackrabbit 2.4 is still in use in supported Products like CQ 5.5,
so I would rather like to maintain the branch for now.

What happened to our EOL plan for 2.2 and 2.0? I know we discussed
the plan, but can't remember if we ever officially announced it.

We (that is, Davide) announced deprecation of 2.2 on April, 25:
The Apache Jackrabbit Team has decided that since the 2.2 branch of the
project didn’t receive any activity since 2012 and looks like not being
used any more; to drop support and deprecate such version. Previous
branch, tags and releases will still be available for future references.

Regards
Davide

Best regards, Julian