Github user afs commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/151

    I've cleaned up allocating/deallocing the Fuseki server in case it hides
some timing issues.

    Commit AFS-Debug-3 which I have also tried with a multisecond wait after
the server is stopped and started as the first test suite ends and a second one
starts.

    Also, the reset is done by clearing the datasets programmatically.
    Hence, the problem is not `UpdateExecutionFactory.createRemote` itself.

    I now get (+ messages about server start/stop) 2 low level messages from
the commons HTTP code but a green line.

    Could some connection state be carried across the server restart? Or is
this reason across server restart?

    ```
    *** connection_statement_query_select_max_rows_01
    *** connection_prepared_statement_select_01
    *** connection_statement_query_select_max_rows_01
    15:08:29 INFO  RetryExec                 :: I/O exception
(java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request to
{}->http://localhost:42668: Broken pipe
    15:08:29 INFO  RetryExec                 :: Retrying request to
{}->http://localhost:42668
    *** connection_prepared_statement_select_01
    ```

    Those "RetryExec" appeared. If, however, there is one server across the run
of both test classes, these do not occur.

    Not using a pooling client also fixes them.  AFS_TS_Debug : set the used
HttpClient to null.

---
with INFRA.
---