Github user ajs6f commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/151

    Holy moly, @afs , thanks for the huge assist! I was out yesterday (Yom
Kippur) and am now catching up. I will leave comments specific to the HTTP
question on the new PR, but I will try to speak to the other points here.

    1. I am certainly happy to see a spurious plugin go. I have no problem with
including that change in this package of changes, if that's okay with everyone
else. Or it could be a quick separate ticket/commit, to keep thing straighter
in the history.

    2. I have no idea why `maven-source-plugin ` is overridden. Baggage from
long-ago when this material was imported into the main code base?

    3. I haven't seen AspectJ used anywhere, but I haven't been all through the
`jdbc` code. Same as the first point-- I have no problem removing it here or
elsewhere.

---
with INFRA.
---